Yes, it’s Trivia Tuesday for April 20th! Brought to us each Tuesday by all the Groovey people at Omnivore Recordings! Your first and last stop for all the music you didn’t know, you didn’t know! But! Before we get to this weeks question, we’d like to acknowledge all the brilliant readers who weighed in on last weeks quiz! Which was: all about the real life family band and occasionally guilty pleasure The Cowsills! We’re not quite sure what, if anything this says about The Cowsills, but only two readers showed up for the quiz, with Mr. Clark Besch being first in but didn’t completely answer the question! Mr. Jeffery Conroy was next in earning him the dubious honor of being the singular reader to correctly answer last weeks quiz! Very impressive Jeff ( or something like that!)
But now! It’s time for this weeks new Trivia Question for the week: In the early 1960’s, Television was still languishing in it’s “Golden Age” while popular music was about to reach it’s Zenith! Making the merging of the two mediums simply inevitable with the results proving always interesting but more frequently, just simply laughable! Sooo Here’s how this weeks Trivia Quiz works: We’ll give you the title to a popular prime time T.V. Program from the Sixties and you give us the name of the star or cast member who branched off into the record business and the title to at least one song they had a hit with ?
Here are six of our “Prime Time” favorites:
1) “Bonanza” Which actor from this beautifully shot series entered the record Biz and had a hit whose title was something we were all a fan of! Whose the actor and what was the songs title ?
2) “The Rifleman” which co-star from this dramatic Western had a couple hits, whose the actor, and give us the title to at least one of his hits ?
3) “The Donna Reed Show” Give us the names of the TWO Co- Stars who each scored hits and of course the titles of the two hits ? Additionally give us the name of a regular guest on the show who debuted his new record on the program and it’s title ?
4) “77 Sunset Strip” Warner Bros. Initial foray into “Private Detective series’ featuring handsome hip young actors and their beautiful female clients! Which handsome hip actor/ co-star had one hit, who was he and what was the song’s title ?
5) “Hawaiian Eye” Another entry in the successful W B Private Detective series set in Hawaii, which popular female co- star used her role in Hawaiian Eye to kick start her singing career, give us at least one title that hit the charts ?
6) “Star Trek” During “Their five year mission” which two unlikely co-stars enter the “Strange new world” of the record Biz ! What are the actors names and give us the titles to at least one minor hit from each actor ? AND SMS “Super Genius status for any reader that can give us the titles of the albums each actor released ?
So! While you rifle thru your old dog ear’d copies of T.V. Guide, click on the link just below and check out Omnivore Recordings HomePage and pick up some of the greatest music in the known world and beyond!
Remember, you can play the weekly Trivia Quiz as often as you like, but can only win a Groovey Omnivore CD every 30 days!…