Yes it is! An all new Trivia Question for Tuesday August first! Brought to us each week by all the very groovy people at Omnivore Recordings! Your perfect place for nothing less than the coolest music you didn’t know, you didn’t know! However! Before we reveal this week’s question, we’d like to recognize the brilliant readers who weighed in on last week’s quiz, which was all about the very talented Donovan Leitch and his classic composition “Sunny Goodge Street” from 1965! Only one reader got this one, and that was Steve ( The Wizard) Winogradsky! Additionally we heard from long time readers Clark Besch, Mr. Jeff Conroy as well as Mr. Andrew Taylor and Tom! Better luck next time gents, there’s a brand new question just below!
And here’s this week’s brand new question: This week we’re continuing with “Mr. Leitch.”
In 1967, a 60’s superstar duet name checked Mr. Leitch in one of their most popular hit singles in their long career! Of course we need the names of this great duo, as well as the title of the song that mentions “Mr. Leitch” ? Additionally, give us the title of the album that includes this timeless tune ? Lastly and for SMS “Super Genius” status give us the full line of dialog that includes the name ?
In Summary, here’s what we need:
1) Which 60’s superstar duet name checked Mr. Leitch in one of their most popular hit singles in 1967 ?
2) Give us the names of this talented and popular duo ?
3) Give us the title of their hit single that name checks Mr. Leitch ?
4) Give us the title of the album that includes this timeless tune ?
5) For SMS “Super Genius” status give us the complete line of spoken dialog that includes the “name check ?
– SMS editor confession: Some of you long time readers may recognize this question, and for good reason, we originally posted this question a few years ago! As the saying goes: it sounded so nice we posted it twice!
Meanwhile, as you struggle through this “Summer re-run,” why not take a moment, click on the link below and browse Omnivore’s awesome catalog of the coolest music in the known world and beyond!
Remember! You can answer the weekly Trivia Question as often as you like, but can only win a Groovey Omnivore CD every 30 days!…