That’s right “Guv Na” It’s Trivia Tuesday for August 18th! Brought to us each week by the Fab Blokes and Birds over at Omnivore Recordings! Where you’re certain to find all the music you didn’t know, you didn’t know! However, before we get to this weeks Great British trivia question, we’d like to recognize the brilliant readers who weighed in on last week’s question, which was: An Anagram! “A fast plonker and a glum ruin” actually unscrambles to become Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel! But you knew that. Meanwhile, first in with all the right answers was a rather new member to the SMS group, a “Great Brit” himself , Mr. Simon Craddock! “Jolly Good” Simon and Welcome! But, right on Simon’s heel’s was long time reader, who missed being first in by less than one minute was the Fab Fred Vogel! Close call Fred, but you did NAIL the question as you always do! Next in was our old friend, Edmund Clark Simmons! with something about “$ and seaweed” which we’re still trying to figure out, but that’s O.K. Ed, we still love it when you drop in!! Lastly, rounding out our list of Royal ?Readers was Owen! Who of course nailed the question but even better he included a link to a great clip of Simon and Garfunkel performing in their mid – teen’s! Thanx Owen, we loved that clip!
But now, indeed it’s time for the new SMS Trivia Question for the week: As many of you have already guessed, this week’s trivia question is all about “The British Invasion” The one that began in 1964! Six questions to test your powers of observation!
In Summary, here’s what we need:
1) Which British Invasion BAND, had an early hit with an original, previously unrecorded Lennon / McCartney composition and what is the song’s title?
2) Which British Invasion Band was fronted by two brothers, what are their names and give us the title’s to at least three of their many hits?
3) Who was the star of the 1965 feature film musical “Ferry Cross The Mersey” and give us the titles to at least three of his many hits?
4) Which British Invasion Band featured a female drummer and what was the title of their one big hit ? Additionally, to achieve SMS Super Genius status what was the name of this “fem tub thumper”?
5) Which British Invasion Band Featured Graham Nash ( later of Crosby, Stills and Nash) as their original lead singer and give us the titles to at least three of their many hits?
6) Which British Invasion Band featured ( at different points in time) Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page as their lead Guitarist and give us the titles to at least three of their many hits?
Remember, you can answer the weekly trivia question as often as you like, but can only win a cool Omnivore Recordings CD every 30 days!