YES! It’s time for an all new Trivia Quiz for Tuesday September 13th! Brought to us each week by all the Groovey folks at Omnivore Recordings! Your number one stop for all the music you didn’t know, you didn’t know! But! Before we reveal this weeks Trivia Question, we’d like to recognize the brilliant readers who weighed in on last week’s question, which was all about the uniquely talented Randy Newman and one of his most brilliant compositions “I Think It’s Going To Rain Today” First in like a flash was “Little Brother Rob.” Unfortunately Rob was a little light on answers! But not Mr. Fred Vogel or Jeff Conroy, two long time “SMS Super Geniuses ” with all the right answers! Denise Shoemaker weighed in as well and as a big time Randy Newman fan, she had to nail it as well! Wrapping things up and with all the right answers was a relatively new “Super Genius” Tom Slocum! Big SMS Thank You’s and congratulations to all you brilliant Lady and gents!
But now! It’s time for a brand new SMS Trivia Quiz for September 13th: This week’s question is about the name “VALERIE”, and yes it’s a lovely name and thru the years it’s appeared in a number of great songs including at least three songs from the 1960’s, and that’s what we want to know! We’d like the titles of at least three song’s from the 60’s that include the name “Valerie in the title or the lyric and we’d like to know the name of the artists that recorded the song, and in a couple of cases “Valerie is linked with another female name in the lyric! For SMS Super Genius status, give us at least two other names linked with Valerie in at least two songs! Lastly, any differences in the spelling are acceptable! Finally, Give us at least one additional Song that includes the name “Valerie from any time before or after the 1960’s ?
In summary, here’s what we need:
1) Give us the titles to at least 3 songs from the 1960’s t hat include the name “Valerie” in the lyric ?
2) Give us the names of the 3 Artists who respectively recorded the 3 songs ?
3) In at least two of the three songs, there is a second female name mentioned along with “Valerie” what are those two names ?
4) Give us at least one additional song that includes the name “Valerie” released before or after the 1960’s
Any differences in the spelling are acceptable!
5) Just for fun: Born in 1960, our “featured image above remains one of our favorite “Valerie’s”…What’s her full name ? (To our gentleman readers, admit it…You! Had a crush on her!)
Meanwhile, as you’re contemplating all the “Val” gals’ you can recall, take a moment, click on the link just below and check out Omnivore Recordings awesome catalog of the grooviest music in the known world and beyond!
Remember! You can post your answers to the weekly Trivia Quiz as often as you like, but can only win a very Groovey Omnivore CD every 30 days’